Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Is It Really Spring Y'all?

Okay y'all, I thought today was April 15 and tax day, but with freezing temps forecast for tonight, maybe I was just dreaming. Here in the deep south, we start planting our flowers and veggies by now, because freezing temps are way gone, but not this year! I am sooooo glad that I have not already planted mine. In years past, I always plant in late March, but this year, I have been super busy with shop things, so I am late getting them in the ground. I guess, being late, sometimes is a good thing. Sunday, I purchased 30 plants and thank goodness, I decided to wait until later this week, to get them planted. To be safe, these beauties will be coming inside my warm house tonight. Please cold weather, GO AWAY!!!!!
                                                       Blessings,
                                                          Linda





 


 
                                  I will be sure to share pictures after all
                                  these beauties are added to window boxes,
                                  urns, wall planters and flower pots...so
                                                   stay in touch.
                                        You can now follow me on
                                                  INSTAGRAM.
                                         Linking up here...
                                        Be Inspired
                                        Hit Me With Your Best Shot
                                        What's It Wednesday
                                        Pretty Wednesday
                                        MET Monday

12 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Such beautiful plants, Linda! You can imagine my surprise when the forecast called for some snow last night and it actually happened. I woke up this morning to roofs, grass, bushes, trees and my pot of pansies covered in snow! I bought some small hydrangeas a couple of weeks ago that are sitting in my living room waiting until at least the first week of May to get planted.

Rita C at Panoply said...

Oh Linda, right?? This weather is just insane. I saw so many people over the weekend, buying plants (including me). I hope others don't plant too early, there's enough damage already from winter without adding salt to the wound tonight. Fingers crossed! Have a great weekend.

Donna Wilkes said...

We have freeze warnings out for tonight. I am glad I paid attention to the nursery who advised only planting perennials until after Easter! Love all the plants you chose.

Bonnie said...

Linda, I have been busy too and haven't bought any plants yet. I hope it doesn't freeze tonight. I think it will get close but not freeze. Hoping anyway!

The pecan trees have budded out and I thought that was a sure sign no more frost. We'll know soon enough.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

30 plants....Wow, your yard will look gorgeous! I just planted a bunch this week and it is...Instant gorgeous yard!

Carol

Blondie's Journal said...

Those pretty plants make me want to cry, I am so over winter and cold weather!! We were teased last weekend with temps in the 70's and then it snowed on Monday!! We don't usually plant anything until after May 15th. You have your work cut out for you but it's fun, isn't it? I have my fingers crossed that it warms up for you and stays warm.

Happy Easter, Linda!

XO,
Jane

Becca Bertotti said...

This "southern" weather is just TOO crazy, isn't it? You were so smart to have "accidentally" waited to plant your flowers ... they're beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hope your plants are surviving the chill. We are in North Florida and it was 43 here this morning. I have to on buy my plants a few at a time because I do better getting them in the ground a few at a time

Unknown said...

Ooh, can't wait to see your garden! I hope it warms up for you soon! Xoxo Jen

Cheryl @ Artzzle.com said...

Linda, Up here (North Central Minnesota) a few days ago it was 60 degrees with grass. Yesterday, it was blowing and snowing ... and snowing ... and just kept going, till we got 15+ inches. Now today, it's warmer (40 something) and everything is melting!

But hey it's ONLY April 17th. We had 4+ inches in May last year!
Thanks though, for the plant pics. It's a day brightener!

Heirloom treasures said...

I am so pleased we can plant here all year,Your flowers are so pretty. I can see why you can't wait for warmer weather.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

I am so with you on this! Unfortunately I planted 5 new peony bulbs 2 days before we got hit with a freak snow storm so I hope they survive!

Your flowers look wonderful and I have my garden gloved fingers crossed for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails