Thursday, November 19, 2009

Garage Sales...Christmas Style!

It was a beautiful cool Saturday morning and my SWEET HUBBY said that he wanted to go along with me to GARAGE SALES...this was a HUGE SURPRISE...he hasn't been to one in years...so off we went! The first sale I felt like I was shopping at a cute little gift shop...this lady was selling some really nice Christmas items...all of them were brand NEW...some even had the price tags still on them...so what did I do?...I helped her out and bought some of her goodies! Another sale I came across a basket marked 50 cents...it had ladies clothes inside...to my surprise I found two BRAND NEW tops from Coldwater Creek...they still had the price tags attached...$59.00...I sure couldn't pass on these...so $1.00 later they were mine! I'm hoping for great weather this Saturday so I can do some more shopping!
I'm joining Leigh@Tales at Bloggeritaville for THRIFTY THURSDAY...Please come by to see all the awesome bargains!


What a cutie...I LOVE aprons...the price tag was still on it...$14.99...she was mine for $2.00



Oh, I LOVE candles...I always try to buy them 50-75% off...well this little baby was mine for only $1.00!!! It's a POTTERY BARN hand poured 50 hour candle...Winter Woods scent...it smells great!!



This little plate was just too stinkin cute to pass up at $1.00!



This might be a Christmas gift for someone...it's a wine coaster and bottle stopper...brand new from Pier1...add a bottle of wine and wrap her up! It was only $4.00!



For $2.00 I got this pretty lamp...I have seen it in TJMaxx and Stein Mart...I will be looking for a FUN lampshade for it.



I really didn't like how it fit...it was a XL and I wear a Large...so off to the resale shop it goes...WOW...I think I will make some $$$ on this beauty!



Yes...it was $59.00...I wonder how much they can sell it for?



This one is a little big too...I think I will take her to the resale shop too!

21 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

You sure got some great bargains girl. I love the little cookie plate. Very sweet.
Don't you just love yard sales and thrift stores.

Jane said...

Linda,
You got some great buys. It always amazes me that people buy things and never wear/use them. Their loss is your gain!!
Jane

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Wow, you really made out on that trip! Your hubby must bring you good luck!

Janna said...

You found some great stuff! I love the little plate and apron.

Old Time Cindy said...

What a lot of great finds! And with your hubby, too! Thanks for sharing!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Grace @ Ruby Moon Designs said...

Wow! What great bargains! I'm a candle lover too...and that candle is awesome! I can't believe you got the shirts so inexpensively too! What a great garage sale score!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! It made me smile! ;)

-Grace

Malisa said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! I hope you come back for another visit! I enjoyed your post today!

Malisa

stefanie said...

omg, you did soooooo good, i love when i get an amzing deal. i love the color of that green shirt

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Lucky you finding such great deals...the wine coaster and stopper is so cute! Happy Turkey Day

Marigene said...

You scored well this week, ♥ the lamp...where are you going to be putting it and what kind of lamp shade will you use?

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

You sure found some great deals! LOOOVVVEE the lamp. It reminds me of the 2 I have that were my Grandmothers.

Miss Gracie's House said...

Great deals! I love the *shabby-chic* white cabinet/shelf...so, so pretty!
Thanks for the visit to my place!
Rene'

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hi Linda!

Great deals you scored! I love it all! And when I am down your way, I always hunt for garage sales One of the best ones I found was a couple years ago in Perdido Key. I still dream of ones like those. WE have a place in Orange Beach and Perdido. I wonder if I ever came in your shop? If not, I am certain I missed out. DO you still have a shop? I would love to meet you? My blogger friend Jen (Dust Bunny Hostage) lives in Daphne. We met about a year ago and she was a sweetheart, maybe nexttime I am down we can all meet and shop! Thanks for linking up this week to Thrifty Thursday! Have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving. Thanks for being a Bloggeritaville friend!!!I am thankful for you!
Hugs!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

Wow you did great! Our garage/yard sales are not that great and we do not have a Goodwill nearby! So, I have never been! Thanks for stopping by my blog! On your visit to Ikea, just make sure after going through all the rooms, that you leave plenty of time for the marketplace -that's where you see all the items from the set up rooms and MORE!! Cheap stuff, too! Have fun!
We went to Point Clear Alabama one year when a hurricane made us change our FL plans. We are so glad we did! On our way home we drove along the Alabama coast to Pennsacola and can't wait to see it again. The most beautiful beaches! What do you think is a great place to visit?
~Nancy

Ally's Corner said...

You found some great things. Love the apron!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

You sure found some great garage sale finds. I love the lamp. I've seen it in TJMaxx as well. It's a beauty. Thank you for swinging by the open house event. I enjoyed your sweet visit.
hugs ~lynne~

A Bit of Colour said...

Thanks for stopping by & visiting my blog yesterday. You seemed to have found a great many goodies on that trip. My best to you on your resales.
Blessings~Kim

Angie said...

Oh man, you got some good stuff! I want that cute Christmas plate!

deb said...

WOW!!! You hit amazing sales! I still have a hard time to fathom how people buy things then never use them! Especially at those prices. You hit the Mother Lode my friend! Good for you. You rally snagged cute things!
*hugs*deb

marmielu said...

Hi! You got some cute stuff - and at great prices! I love that plate! Too bad those tops didn't do for you - they are both good basics. I just love getting bargins! Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.
Mary Lou

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Linda! It looks like you got some wonderful bargain goodies! This is PRIME garage sale weather here in Scottsdale. My hubby and I go almost every weekend. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!


Karen
My Desert Cottage

Related Posts with Thumbnails